Sunday, July 12, 2009

*yayyyyy i have a wedding blog!!*

Ok, I finally started a wedding blog. I havent been updating my LJ very much lately.. one reason is because all I think about anymore is Maddox.. and mine and Bailey's wedding. haha
So I'm making a blog JUST for the wedding stuff.. so I wont feel dumb for updating with some silly little detail that I got excited about and no one else really cares about. :D

I'll start with the basics. Everyone I know already knows about most of this stuff so far.

We're getting married in Las Vegas! We started planning a big wedding that would take place here on the coast.. and that lasted for ABOUT a month before we decided that we didnt want to deal with the stress, we just wanted to have fun, get married, and party. :D soooo Vegas it is.
We've decided to get married at the Flamingo Hotel. We'll obviously be staying there also!

We're hoping to book the garden chapel gazebo:

I usually think that gazebos are pretty cheesy but I'm into it. This one's cute. ;]

We will still be having a reception at home! We are planning on having it at my mom's house probably 2-3 weeks after we get home from our "weddingmoon". haha what a dumb word. Anyway, we're definitely doing that and we will invite everyone who couldnt make it out to Vegas! [and also those who did of course!]

Our theme & colors are peacock feathers & peacock colors!

And we're throwing some purple in there too ;] because purple is my favorite color and it goes!


This will be my ensemble!
Dress:


The dress is the Manhattan from Dolly Couture. It's simple & cute and TEA LENGTH [a must] and I love it. AAAAAAAND, all her gowns are super reasonable in price. :D
Go look at her Facebook galleries [Dolly Thicke].. there are tons of real brides wearing her cute designs. I'm pretty much in love with her. <3

Veil:
Photobucket

but instead of the white fascinator, I will have this:
Photobucket
both are obviously from birdcageveils.com. I'm obsessed with the peacock feather fascinator.

I'm going to have a blue petticoat under my dress to [hopefully] match the blue in the fascinator.. it's proving to be pretty freaking tough to find ANYTHING in the right color blue. :[ I'm having like, panic attacks over it.
Also, I havent decided if I want my petticoat to be a couple inches longer than my dress so that it peeks out all the time or if I want it to only show when I'm sitting or kicking my heels up or something haha..
I also want to have matching blue shoes! Hopefully peep-toes with an ankle strap. ;]
I love these:

but I'm starting to wonder if I should just go with white shoes:


As for the bridesmaids, I'm pretty settled on everything for them. :]

They're wearing this dress:

The Black Flirty Cotton Mini Swing Dress from Unique Vintage.
April already bought hers and it looks so good on her! I think it will be very flattering on all of my girls. :]
Their petticoats with be PURPLE [this was decided as of yesterday!] and they will definitely be long enough to stick out from under their dresses like in the picture. So cute.

And their shoes!


I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the heart on the bottom is definitely going to make for some cute bridesmaids/groom pictures!! :D
I wish I could wear them too but they dont come in white.. only beige I think. Lame. And the other colors they come in are like, lime green and pink. wtf? ugh.

And onto the boys, this is what they will be wearing:

I really wanted them to wear suits but ugh that is so expensive, soooo we went with a tux that pretty much LOOKS more like a suit than a tux... to us anyway! We registered them all at Men's Wearhouse.
The tie will be BLUE on Bailey though.. and purple on the groomsmen & Rusty [my bridesMAN?].
Bailey is going to look so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!! <333333

[And now a small freakout: The more I look at the colors... I dont think the blue we picked out for Bailey's tie is going to match so I have to figure this shit out soon before I lose my mind over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

2 comments:

  1. why don't you get another style of luichinys that have the heart at the bottom?! i'm going to look around and email you some pictures <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for looking around for me! I'm looking around some more because I know I want something very similar to the two I posted. I definitely want a peeptoe with an ankle strap! :D
    I'm looking around some more because I really would love to have a pair with the cutie hearts!

    ReplyDelete