Tuesday, July 14, 2009

*petticoats & hairclips*

Well I decided on the white shoes instead of the blue! I LOVE the blue shoes but it's just too hard to try to match up the blues perfectly.. especially when the majority of my wedding purchases are going to be online purchases!
And the white shoes are pretty much the same.. plus they have a cute bow on them. ;]
I know there's no pink in my color scheme but dammit I am going to have pink toenails. :D I have to find some OPI Pompeii Purple because it's my favorite nail polish OF ALL TIME:

so pretty and perfect.

I think I am going to order my petticoat from Petticoat Junction. I was looking at their selection last week and I emailed them because I wasnt sure about their 'peacock' color so I was wondering if they had swatches available. Computer screens are such liars. She promptly emailed me back and said that she would take a tiny snippet off of one of the petticoats and mail it to me free of charge. And when I got it in the mail there was a handwritten letter in there from her saying she hopes I like it & she even taped the piece of the crinoline folded over a few times so I could see the true color. So sweet. Very personal and I love that. So now I think I pretty much have to order from them. ;]
This is their color chart:

Peacock for me, purple for the bridesmaids! The peacock color looks so dark there but it's actually very pretty and a bit lighter in person.
But that pretty much made up my mind about the white shoes!

I found some cute ideas for my bridesmaid's hairpieces. I want to incorporate some purple in since there isnt actually purple IN a peacock feather.. and they are wearing purple petticoats.
I like these two hairclips:

and


I also reeeeally like this too though:


We're going to make the hair clips!! My aunt is like a craft queen so we got this! haha.

And lastly, I am having a hard time with my invitation wording. Tons of things are making it difficult.. destination wedding [anyone who wants to make the trip can come] with a reception back at home [for everyone!], both of our parents are divorced but both of our mom-halves are helping finance the wedding, we dont want it to be formal at all.. blah blah blah. Oy vey.

3 comments:

  1. thought you might be interested in http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19999769

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, our parents/funding situation was all kinds of mixed up, but we wanted our parents to be mentioned on the invite, so we used "together with their families"

    You could do something simple like:
    Together with their families
    Ginny and Bailey
    request the pleasure of your company/invite you to join in celebration, etc...
    as they are married/get hitched
    at TIME
    DATE
    PLACE

    Then maybe do a separate card for info about the reception back home:
    A local reception will be held
    at TIME
    DATE
    PLACE

    Of course, there is cheesy themed wording you can use, like specifically for Vegas or destination weddings if you want to go that route.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have done a gud job i like youe collection of Peacock Feather Hair Accessories ..Some nice collection is also availble on fashion blog..

    ReplyDelete