Friday, August 21, 2009

*a whole new reception plan!*

YES, WE ARE STILL GETTING MARRIED IN VEGAS.

BUT, our reception plans have gone in a whole different direction now and I'm sooo happy about it. :D

What we ORIGINALLY wanted was to just have a backyard reception at Mama & Eddie's house. And then somewhere along the lines Mama brought up the idea of them just renting a venue for us to have the reception at because it would be 'a lot less trouble'. I was into it at first, just because.. why not? But the more I looked around at venues & prices etc, the more uncomfortable I was with the whole thing. It just wasnt sitting right with me. And I was worried about my guests having a place to stay, worried about our music being too loud, worrying about timeframes, basically worrying that I wouldnt be able to have fun because I'd be worrying about things the whole time!
And THEN, I found out how much my mom & Eddie were going to spending on the whole thing and I just about had a heart attack. I mean, they are already paying our way out to Vegas for the actual wedding.. and paying for themselves, on top of a lot of other wedding related expenses. It just all got out of hand real fast.
So yesterday I talked to April & Ali.. then Bailey, and then finally my mom. And we ALL decided to just have a reception RIGHT HERE.. in OUR backyard!! :D

*HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF*

This is going to be SO much better, so much less stressful, SO much more fun, SO much more laid back [what we've wanted all along!] and SO much easier!! I am already dreaming up all the cute ways we can decorate our yard! Also, that leaves more room to do the things we REALLY want to do because we wont have to pay a venue rental fee! Woo!

I seriously feel so much better about all of this now, it was really weighing on me, and I had gotten to the point where I just wasnt looking forward to it at all anymore. I had almost decided not to do it at all! Bailey is so much happier about this decision too.

Soooooooo, since I'm all excited about it, I made an inspiration board for the reception!! haha



<33333

2 comments:

  1. oh man. i'm really excited for the backyard reception! even if i don't know if i'll be there. i'm still excited haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea ! There is so much we could do for the backyard. I love the jar candle pictures up above, how cool would it look hanging in those huge old oaks or maybe even lining the drive way.

    ReplyDelete